Wednesday, October 3, 2012

#WWoW Social Plugins To Make Your Blog Pop!

This week I'd like to share with you a tool I just found this week. No, it's not brand new. It's something that has been around, but I haven't had the time to investigate it until this week. 

Have you visited blogs and found they have multiple buttons for you to share their post or even follow them on various social media sites? Have you wondered how they put them on their sites? Me too. 


AddThis has everything you need to be able to offer hundreds of options for your readers to share your posts and follow you. They explain step by step how to get the buttons you want at the end of each post, or on your side bar of your blog/website.  You can even choose how your buttons will appear from a variety of different graphics.

Have Blogger? WorldPress? Not a problem. AddThis asks you where you will be using the buttons and then tailors each step by step for what you need. It's quite simple.

All you have to do is sign up for an account with AddThis and choose the buttons you want. You can also set it up so you can track how your posts are being shared. 


Get Your Buttons!
Go ahead and try it on your blogs today. I switched all three of my blogs on Blogger in just minutes. See the little orange SHARE button at the bottom of this post? Click on that and another window will open with several ways for you to share today's article. 




For more Words of Wisdom stop in on:
Paloma Beck
Krystal Shannan
Jessicca Collins


3 comments:

  1. Great advice. I've only used it as a sidebar gadget via blogger. Now I have it embedded into my posts thanks to your advice! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it was so easy to do. At first I was concerned I was going to have to insert code in and mess up the way my page looked, but AddThis did all the work. I just clicked the type of blog I had and there is was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a wonderful idea, Tammy! It's a great way for readers to share their favorite blogs and bloggers without having to go out of their way to copy/paste links and so on.

    ReplyDelete

Wildfire Romance Series